There are no hard training prerequisites for Basic Certification, however, it is very important to understand all of the course requirements prior to purchasing your certification attempt. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following information.
- This Basic Certification course will test your knowledge, skills, and abilities on the FETI Methodology. While there are no prerequisites for training, it is highly recommended to have completed one of Certified FETI's learning and practice-based training courses prior to attempting certification. See our training overview and certification overview for more information.
- IMPORTANT: Failure of any part of this certification course (one or both of the interview evaluations or the examination) will result in a failure of your certification attempt - we are unable to make exceptions for any reason. However, you will be able to repurchase the certification course and attempt certification again if your initial attempt results in failure.
- We are unable to provide refunds of any kind once you start the certification course. Please see our refund policy for more information.
Any individual can attempt Basic Certification at any time. This Basic Certification course is always open for enrollment. Please see our certification overview for more details.
About This Course
Skill up your career with Certified FETI's Basic Certification that brings quality, accountability, and transparency into your interviews.
This course requires you to effectively demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities outlined in Certified FETI's learning and practice courses at a Basic proficiency. See our training overview for more information about our learning and practice-based training.
The certification course has two components to evaluate your FETI® interviewing skills. First, you will be asked to submit two interviews that will be used to evaluate your ability to correctly use FETI with a participant and second, you will take an online exam where you will demonstrate your knowledge of the FETI Methodology.
Interview Submission and Evaluation Requirements
Everything you will need to know about preparing, conducting, evaluating, and submitting your interviews is outlined in the beginning of the certification course in the lesson, “Getting ready for your interviews.”
Below is a brief outline of what will be covered in this lesson.
Preparing for your Interviews: This section will provide information in detail about the following
- Choosing your participant (non-casework)
- Obtaining consent
- Choosing an interview location and setting up your interview room
- Recording your interviews
Conducting your interviews: This section will provide information in detail about the following
- Opening each interview
- During each interview
- Closing each interview
Evaluation of your interviews: This section will provide information in detail about the following
- Evaluation guidelines and metrics for self-evaluation (Download and review the Blue Interview Evaluation Metrics)
Submitting your interviews: This section will provide information in detail about the following
- How to submit (upload) your interview recordings (Note - Both interviews are submitted online during this certification attempt, and there is no ability to submit videos in any other way (mail, etc). If you are having trouble with uploading any videos throughout the course, please use the Chrome browser or contact via the support link in the footer of the website.)
Basic Certification Examination
After you finish submitting your interviews, you will have to take the Basic Certification exam. Below are the requirements for the exam:
- A 85% completion score is required to pass. Any score lower than an 85% on the exam will result in failure of the certification attempt.
- The exam is not timed, consists of multiple-choice questions, and is only available online.
- All questions are from information provided from the curriculum provided from Certified FETI's learning-based training. See our training overview for all learning-based trainings. Note - The FETI Methodology Course (Online) and the Introduction to FETI (In-person) provide the most comprehensive curriculum of the FETI Methodology.
- Feel free to use your course notes as a guide through your exam.
After successful completion of this certification course, you will be receive the following benefits:
- Show the public you are accountable, transparent, and neutral in your interviews
- Lifetime distinction of Certified FETI Interviewing Practitioner - Basic, CFP-B (i.e. Your Name, CFP-B).
- Ability to share on Certified FETI directory and on LinkedIn certifications
- Access additional interviewing tools on the Certified FETI Platform as they come online
- Submit two 45-60 minute interviews for evaluation by FETI faculty and pass at a basic proficiency
- Take the Basic certification exam and receive a passing score of 85% or higher
- Effectively demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities outlined in the FETI Framework
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there prerequisites for Basic Certification?
Can I submit interviews from my casework?
No, purchasing and enrolling into this certification course acknowledges that you will not submit any casework or on-the-job interviews. We recommend friends, family, or colleagues.
Am I really certified for life?
Yes, the successful completion of Certified FETI's Basic Certification gives you the public distinction for life!
What happens if I fail a component(s) of the certification?
Upon failing a component of your certification attempt, you will be notified by Certified FETI faculty to discuss your options.
What equipment do I need to record my interviews?
Recording your interviews can be accomplished with any basic video recording device such as a mobile phone, web camera, body cam, etc… The most important aspect of whichever device you use to record is that the audio and video are intelligible to the evaluator (i.e. your recording can be seen and heard sufficiently). To keep the size of the files manageable, the videos do not need be at the highest resolution. We recommend the video to be filmed in 720p or 1080p. It is important that both the interview and the participant must be pictured in the same frame. We recommend filming in landscape while using a small tripod or propping the recording device in a stationary fashion. Please test the view beforehand, and if using a phone, remember to put it in airplane mode!
Read our full course documentation in our library.View Documentation
Bring accountability and transparency into your interviewing profession.See Certification Overview