Rochester, Minnesota: Practical Application of the Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview (In-person)
This course is event-based and will be held at the Rochester Minnesota Police Department in Rochester, Minnesota on March 22-24, 2023.
The Rochester Police Department is hosting this Certified FETI® training at the RPD North Station Classrooms 163 & 164 (main lobby).
Travel, lodging, and other logistics are not facilitated by Certified FETI® and we are not able to respond to any inquiries regarding these matters. Please contact Sgt. Mike Walsh for logistical inquiries at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I enroll into this training event?
You can enroll into this event by purchasing the Practical Application of FETI (In-person) course. Once purchased you can select this event (or another of your choosing) on your dashboard. If you are an organization looking to send multiple people to this event, please fill out the form at FETI for Organizations and we can quickly assist you with enrollment.
Are there any prerequisites for this training event?
While there are no prerequisite courses for the Practical Application of FETI Course (In-person), it is recommended to have prior knowledge of the FETI Methodology from one of the following learning courses: The FETI Methodology Course (Online), Introduction to FETI (In-person), Accelerated FETI (In-person)
About the Course
In the in-person Practical Application of the Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview course attendees will apply and practice the elements of the FETI Methodology – both as a facilitator and participant of an interview.
This three-day in-person classroom experience includes live examples of FETI interviews, guided interview instruction, and detailed instructor feedback. Attendees will be required to experience and practice actual FETI interviews in front of other attendees who will offer critique facilitated by a Certified FETI Instructor.
Additionally, attendees will be expected to perform the role of interviewee multiple times during the course, sharing personal experiences of stress or trauma chosen at their discretion. This course includes practical exercises, group practice interviews, and comprehensive class discussion. Non-participating attendees will be removed from the course with no refund of registration fee.
- While there are no prerequisite courses for the Practical Application of FETI Course (In-person), it is highly recommended to have prior knowledge of the FETI Methodology from one of the following learning courses: The FETI Methodology Course (Online), Introduction to FETI (In-Person), Accelerated FETI (In-Person).Important: Attending this practice course without prior knowledge of the FETI Methodology (from a learning course) will significantly impair your success during this course. While our faculty will review some of the components of the FETI Methodology during the course, there is an expectation to have knowledge of FETI prior to attending.
- Attendees must be present for the entire training, complete all written coursework and fully participate in all exercises and discussion to continue in the course and receive a certificate of completion.
- The event will be from 9-5pm each day (including the last day) and attendees that miss any portion of the event will not receive a certificate of completion.
- All cancellations must be submitted online through our website more than 21 days before the course begins.
- This training may contain content that depicts graphic images, video, and other media
- No dress code. Attendees are encouraged to adhere to their organization’s policy if applicable.
- Food and beverages are not provided, but there is an hour-long break for lunch as well as shorter breaks throughout the day.