Missoula, Montana: Practical Application of the Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview (In-person)
The Missoula Police Department is hosting this Certified FETI® training. Travel, lodging, and other logistics are not facilitated by Certified FETI® and we are not able to respond to any inquiries regarding these matters.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I enroll into this training event?
You can enroll into this event by purchasing the Practical Application of FETI (In-person) course. Once purchased you can select this event (or another of your choosing) on your dashboard. If you are an organization looking to send multiple people to this event, please fill out the form at FETI for Organizations and we can quickly assist you with enrollment.
Are there any prerequisites for this training event?
About the Course
In the in-person Practical Application of the Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview course attendees will apply and practice the elements of the FETI Methodology – both as a facilitator and participant of an interview.
This three-day in-person classroom experience includes live examples of FETI interviews, guided interview instruction, and detailed instructor feedback.
Attendees will be required to experience and practice actual FETI interviews in front of other attendees who will offer critique facilitated by a Certified FETI Instructor. Each attendee will participate in a confidential FETI interview facilitated by an Advanced Certified FETI Practitioner with a Specialty in Personal Experience Interviewing. It is essential for those who interview persons who have experienced trauma or high stress to know what it is like to be interviewed about a traumatic event.
Additionally, attendees will be expected to perform the role of interviewee multiple times during the course, sharing personal experiences of stress or trauma chosen at their discretion. This course includes practical exercises, individual Personal Experience Interviews, group practice interviews, and comprehensive class discussion.
This course does not certify an attendee in FETI but does fulfill the second requirement for Basic-level FETI certification. Non-participating attendees will be removed from the course with no refund of registration fee.
- Prerequisite: The FETI Methodology Course (Online) or Introduction to FETI (In-person).
- Attendees must be present for the entire training, complete all written coursework and fully participate in all exercises, discussion, and their Personal Experience Interview to continue in the course and receive a certificate of completion. The event will be from 9-5pm each day (including the last day) and attendees that miss any portion of the event will not receive a certificate of completion.
- All cancellations must be submitted online through our website more than 21 days before the course begins.
- This training may contain content that depicts graphic images, video, and other media
- No dress code. Attendees are encouraged to adhere to their organization’s policy if applicable.
- Food and beverages are not provided, but there is an hour-long break for lunch as well as shorter breaks throughout the day.