Columbia, South Carolina: Introduction to the Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview
The Introduction to FETI® course provides instruction in two primary areas: the science and practice basis for the FETI® methodology and the official FETI Framework™ on how to correctly conduct a FETI® interview. You’ll develop an understanding of how trauma impacts the brain and become familiar with the framework principles such as Opportunities for Information™, System of Security™, Brain-Based Cues™, the Never Again 10™, and Unidirectional Interviewing™.
The Introduction to FETI® Course provides the required prerequisite for attending Practical Application of FETI®, the next step in becoming a Certified FETI® interviewer.
The South Carolina Army National Guard is hosting this Certified FETI® training. Travel, lodging, and other logistics are not facilitated by Certified FETI® and we are not able to respond to any inquiries regarding these matters.
- Prerequisite: none.
- Food and beverages are not provided, but there is an hour-long break for lunch as well as shorter breaks throughout the day.
- Attendees must be present for the entire training, complete all coursework and fully participate in all exercises to receive a certificate of completion. The event will be from 9-5pm each day and attendees that miss any portion of the event will not receive a certificate of completion.
- All cancellations must be submitted online through the Certified FETI® Portal more than 21 days before the course begins.
- This training may contain content that depicts graphic images, video, and other media
- No dress code. Attendees are encouraged to adhere to their organization’s policy if applicable.